Hey everybody! Week 2 of the MTC was honestly a rollercoaster but rollercoaster are a blast so I guess that's a good thing.
What to say about the MTC? What can be said about it other than it's hay quá? (That means awesome.) I mean, to be honest, there are times where it's pretty overwhelming, sure, but even the most stressful times help you to grow. I guess that applies outside the MTC also, as long as you have good ways to deal with your stress.
And I feel like I do have a good way to deal with it through prayer, my district, and my companion.
Let's talk about that.
How does my companion help me deal with stress? He's just a random person. Well for one thing he is a great listener, and he has very deep thoughts. He is kind of like an unofficial district leader because he is always willing to help me to give blessings or to serve or to give advice to district members or whatever.
How does my district help me deal with stress? Aren't they the main source of my stress? Well, admittedly, yes. But they are also one of the biggest sources of my joy. Their friendship, their testimonies, their trust, and their live has helped me a ton already, an I'm sure it will continue to help me into the future.
But how does prayer help with stress? How does just talking or thinking to someone you cant even see or hear help with anything? Well that is the question. The answer? God hears you. He knows about your troubles before you even ask. He knows about your miscarriage, your depression, your unrequited love, your disease, your worry for a family member, your new job, that embarrassing comment you feel so bad for making, your stunned toe, your bad week, your loss, your life. And not only does he know about it, but he wants to help as well. All you need to do is ask.
What physical evidence do I have that he has helped me? Not a lot. But I do know that there is no way I could learn this language while caring for my district and all my other responsibilities without His help. I'm just not that strong, physically or emotionally. But He is.
So there's that.
Anyway, the actual week isn't that interesting. There was some contention among different districts in our dorm building, but that has mostly been resolved.
The other district leaders in my zone. They are. So awesome. Elder Fui from Samoa is so strong and yet sensitive to the the needs of those around him. Elder Baker from south cali, the newbie this week, has such a strong testimony of Christ. He has had to fight for everything in his life, but that has just made him treasure his gifts even more. Elder Gerrits from the Netherlands (pronounced Qkhairtsh) is so easy to talk to and wants to.make everyone happy. I love them all so much.
It's been pretty cold here. All the missionaries from tropical places are freezing, an I mean Feels Bad™️ because its only going to get way colder. But it's been fun so far. Lots of little snow missionaries have been built.
Anyway, that's my thoughts for this week. Only seven more of these to go before the emails start to get really interesting, so stay strong everybody.
Love you all
Elder Wilkinson
![]() |
| a snow missionary |

Comments
Post a Comment