Chào Anh Chị Em Chú Cô Ông Bà! November 19, 2019
15 November 2019. An important day for Việt Nam and the world. On that day, the church was officially recognized by the Việt government as a real religion. For a bit of context, the government only recognizes Catholicism "protestantism" , Buddhism, and a handful of other local religions. All in all, less than a dozen religions. It just goes to show that having patience and showing respect for everyone ( even if we don't agree with their principles) brings great blessings. In fact, the government specifically cited the respect of the church for local culture, customs, and communities as a reason for their recognition, so that's awesome. Hopefully, this is just one step in a long line of blessings for the people of Vietnam that culminates, (hopefully) with a Temple. (WOO WOO)
Any way its official! As the title of the email suggests, I am now halfway through my stay at the MTC. I am at the same time excited and nervous but I guess that's natural.
One awesome thing about the MTC is that we always have awesome speakers come every week. This week it was a famous violinist named Jenny Baker and her Musical Fmaily BAnd. They played a lot of amazing songs and I was blown away by their talent. One thing that made the music even more powerful, though, was that there were some technical difficulties. The mics weren't working at first, but the show must go on, right? So they kept on playing without the mics. But during the crescendo of 'I Know that My Redeemer Lives' the mics came back on and the sound just blew us all away. It was so powerful. Afterwards,I just couldnt stop thinking about the inspiring power of music, and how it can talk to our souls without words and help us to feel inspiring feelings. Many of you know that I just love music, so it was a very powerful devotional for me.
Anyway, here is a joke in Vietnamese: (I apologized in advance because you probably won't get it, but I assure you, it is quite hilarious)
Tại sao vợ của Chú Đơn buồn?
Bởi vì vợ Cô Đơn!
Anyway have a good week ya'll!
Elder Wilkinson
Chào Anh Chị Em Chú Cô Ông Bà!
Here's a hot air balloon we saw this week, some blurry Christmas trees and a sunset



Comments
Post a Comment