![]() |
| Elder Trewartha and Me at the Temple |
![]() |
| Elder Fui and Me |
Hey everybody! Week 3 of the MTc is behind me and aw YEAH was it nice and ok. It's always hard to remember what happened in the week because every day is just so packed but I'll try my best.
Hallowe'en was this week, but you probably wouldn't have been able to tell at the MTC because it was just a pretty normal day. Until the evening that is, when some of the sisters and Elders started passing out candy, which was kind of fun.
We had our first full lesson in Tiếng việt this week, and it went pretty well. The lesson type is called a TRC (stands for teach real cpeople) which is where one teaches a returned missionary. The first lesson was pretty awkward, to be honest, because we spent a lot of the time trying to figure out what they were saying. And my companion and I didn't work together very well. But the second lesson went a lot better and we worked together and actually felt the spirit. Which is really cool to doing in a language you still don't really understand.
Elder Fui and most of his district left this week. It was very sad because I believe that out of all the district leaders in our zone, he is the most worthy. And he's just an awesome dude overall, so I'm going to miss him.
Something cool that his district did before they Left was sing Come Unto Jesus in English. English is not the native language of anyone in their district. And yet, it was still so beautiful and touching. If they can do that in English I can do the same in Vietnamese.
The thing I've been struggling most with at the Mtc is songs. You're supposed to only sing songs that invite the spirit, which excludes most songs in know, haha. The temptations have been so strong that they've dragged up the songs from the most remote and dusty corners of my recollection just to get them stuck in my head. Some songs I've really struggled with this week are:
1 Supersonic man
2 the MASH theme song
3 Mykonos
4 Some antinazi propaganda jingle from the forties I saw one time
5 The phineas and ferb theme song
Anyway getting Queen out of my head is going to be a huge goal for me this week. Pray for me.
In closing, I wanted to say that I've definitely seen miracles here at the MtC. It's important to recognize those when they happen which is why I'm writing it down. I've seen the hearts of people change to be more Christ like and I've seen myself change too. I've done things that I would have never thought possible on my own. I've made promises to people about their lives and they came true. So I'm going to promise YOU, whichever of my friends or family is reading this Right Now that things are going to get better. You can change if you put in the effort. And then trust that the Lord will help you change.
I don't know who needed to hear that. Maybe it was me. But it's true.
Chào
Bạn của bạn,
Elder Wilkinson
![]() |
| The District |
![]() |
| The Elders |
![]() |
| Elder Castle said his costume was a Purdue student |
![]() |
| Elder Ricks said his Costume was Moses |






Comments
Post a Comment