Skip to main content
P-Day at the zoo.




Hellllo everybody! 
Wow, what a week! Everything here has been super good, this week has just had a lot.of stuff going on! 

I had an exchange with the legendary ac nhân (elder green) this week, which was great. We had a great time teaching and contacting, and we ate some ((EXTREMELY)) spicy noodles together, which was great. 

This week we had zone conference,  which was awesome as always. We talked about contacting and teaching in normal and natural ways,  using your talents and skills, being yourself, having effective communication and companion studies,  and in general it was just a blessing. I love some conferences, because they always answer questions that I've been keeping inside, it  shows me that God really is in charge. 

We met with a lot of people this week through video calls! It was awesome to still be able to continue the work. We actually got the chance to meet with some people whom we haven't met for several months, andwe really felt the spirit testify to them and help them have the desire to learn again. Its been great. 

So my training is done! Exchange will be this wednesday, and I will be going with Elder Kiên, who is also just getting out of training. It will be super interesting for sure! My trainer will be the new zone leader, which will be awesome. 

I know yall are sick about hearing about corona, so I wont even talk about it. I just really want everyone to know that God doesnt and will never leave us. There will be disasters and sicknesses, differences of opinions, fights, panic, wars, and worst of all, hatred and silent despair. But through it all, he is still there! I never realized how unhappy I was until I got out here and started serving. And now, instead of dreading each day as a repetition of a meaningless cycle, I find true joy in meeting new people, helping them, and following the saviour. He loves you, and hasn't given up on you. 

Elder Wilkinson

Zee photos 

Dinner at chị my's house


Ju jitsu panda


Some sleepy puppies 
I didn't take this picture, but I thought it was cool, so



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tết Tết Tết Tết Đến Rồi

January 27, 2020 Hello everybody!  This week has been really weird. This week was the Big Tết week, and EVERYBODY was gone. Like, literally, the streets were empty, and all the stores, restaurants gas stations, grocerie stores and everything else was just closed. It was super spooky. So we've been living off our stockpile of instant noodles for the last 3 days haha. But despite the emptiness, we were blessed with some surprises this week! We met with this woman out of nowhere and decided to get lunch and she ended up being super interested in our message, which is awesome. Also this man called us out of nowhere and said he wanted to meet and so we were like k, he wants to learn english. But no! He was interested in our message as well! So that's been super awesome! Participating in the new years celebrations have been super fun also! Lots of yummy food and lots of lucky money  Anyway, this week we've been meeting with a lot of families. Something t...

Đang sống vào một cầu nguyện (Living on a Prayer)

Chào Anh Chị Em Chú Cô Ông Bà!                                            November 19, 2019 15 November 2019. An important day for Việt Nam and the world. On that day, the church was officially recognized by the Việt government as a real religion. For a bit of context, the government only recognizes Catholicism "protestantism" , Buddhism, and a handful of other local religions. All in all, less than a dozen religions. It just goes to show that having patience and showing respect for everyone ( even if we don't agree with their principles) brings great blessings. In fact,  the government specifically cited the respect of the church for local culture, customs, and communities as a reason for their recognition, so that's awesome. Hopefully, this is just one step in a long line of blessings for the people of Vietnam that culminates, (hopefully) with a Temple. (WOO WOO)...

They Are Here!

An email sent by Sister Chiles December 17, 2019 Dear Families -  It is the wee hours of the morning here in Hanoi, but I know you are probably anxious to know that your missionaries have arrived safe and sound. Well,  they are here!    We had three airport pickups tonight! Our new Assistant to the President, Anh C ả  Sáng, arrived from Ho Chi Minh City first, then Anh C ả  Kiên (Smith) arrived from Cambodia.  He is on temporary assignment in our mission for a transfer or two to get some more experience with Vietnamese before he heads back to work in the Vietnamese branch in Phnom Phenh.  We think it is great to have him!  Our 3 sisters and 4 elders from the MTC arrived shortly afterward. We have been anticipating and preparing for their arrival, and are SOO excited to have them here.     Everyone arrived safely; and all the luggage did as well; so that is wonderful!   Hugs all around, a quick picture, and ...